Monday, April 3, 2023

[Multimedia Monday] April 3, 2023

 

I went out Saturday, in search of Blu-Rays... or anything interesting that I would like. Being broke, as I often am, the price would have to be very low for me to actually buy anything. Luckily, I went to Dollar Tree, and luckily again, they had some Blu-Rays there for a dollar each. It turned out that the Blu-Rays I bought were actually fifty cents each, so I really lucked out! I've heard of both of these movies, so I took a chance on them! Read on for a synopsis of each film...


Athena: Goddess Of War (2010) is a spinoff of the Iris Korean drama that came out in 2009. Here is the synopsis: 

Award-winning actress Soo Ae (The Sword with No Name) captivates and conspires in Athena: Goddess of War, an exhilarating new spy thriller loaded with international intrigue and dangerous desire. Beautiful double-agent Yoon Hye-in is caught in the middle of a game of nuclear espionage – and torn between two very different men. One heroically fights beside her on the anti-terror taskforce known as NTS. The other ruthlessly controls Athena, the extremist organization NTS is trying to stop. As Yoon Hye-in struggles to choose between them, growing suspicions from all sides put her life on the line. Can she keep her double-life hidden? How long can she play both sides of the law – and two powerful men – before her cover is violently compromised? The countdown to an explosive stand-off begins now!

I'll be reviewing this movie as soon as I get a new Blu-Ray player!


Journey To The West: Conquering The Demons (2013) is a movie based on the classic 16th century Chinese novel Journey To The West (written by Wu Cheng'en), and was co-written and co-directed by Stephen Chow. Here is the synopsis:

In a world plagued by demons who cause great human suffering, young demon hunter Xuan Zang risks his all to conquer a water demon, a pig demon and the demon of all demons, Sun Wukong. Adhering to his firm belief in giving of one’s self for the greater cause, he embraces the demons as his disciples. However, in order to atone for their own sins and save the common people, the four of them must embark on a journey to the West that’s full of challenges.

I'll be reviewing this one as soon as I get a new Blu-Ray player, so watch out for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

[Fight Scene Friday] Shawn v Alex: Shawn of Justice

  It's Fight Scene Friday ™, and this week we have another reunion between The Stunt People forum members. This one has a lot of inside ...