Monday, September 4, 2023

GODZILLA MINUS ONE (2023) - Official Trailer

 Toho has finally released the official trailer for Godzilla Minus One (Gojira Mainasu Wan) the latest movie being released on Godzilla's 70th anniversary. Here is the synopsis:

After the war, Japan's economic state has been reduced to zero. Godzilla appears and plunges the country into a negative state.

I have been a Godzilla fan most of my life, so I am always interested in the latest movie being released in the franchise. Unfortunately, I haven't seen every Godzilla movie (I still haven't been able to watch Shin Godzilla, let alone the latest American movies), but Godzilla Minus One is definitely on my radar! After reading director Takashi Yamazaki's pitch for it, I am ready for this one:

"Postwar Japan has lost everything. The film depicts an existence that gives unprecedented despair. The title Godzilla Minus One was created with this in mind. In order to depict this, the staff and I have worked together to create a setting where Godzilla looks as if "fear" itself is walking toward us, and where despair is piled on top of despair. I think this is the culmination of all the films I have made to date, and one that deserves to be "experienced" rather than "watched" in the theater. I hope you will experience the most terrifying Godzilla in the best possible environment."

Godzilla Minus One comes out in Japan on November 3, 2023 for the 70th anniversary, and on December 1, 2023 in North America. I need to see this one!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

[Fight Scene Friday] Shawn v Alex: Shawn of Justice

  It's Fight Scene Friday ™, and this week we have another reunion between The Stunt People forum members. This one has a lot of inside ...